Saturday, April 2, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things -featuring Nancy Leppek

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!



This week I have invited the lovely Nancy Leppek to be our Guest! Nancy is a dear friend of mine and I love her passion for art! She always creates the most beautiful and creative projects. 



I asked Nancy to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it? 
             
I started my blog Scrapper@heart back in June of 2008.  I picked that name because scrapbooking was my first love.  In fact, I loved it so much I became a consultant for Creative Memories years ago and did that for quite a few years.  I still adore their products to date.  Then a friend of mine introduced me to card making and scrapbooking got pushed to the back burner.  I started my blog so that I could participate in challenges, plus I have always had a passion for writing and I thought it would be a good way to keep track of my personal journey through life and card making.  


2. What is your style of card making?  

My style of card making is kinda all over the place. If I had to narrow it down to what I do the most, that would be…. clean and layered. Although, as you will see by my card, I just recently started using watercolors and I really love it!  


3. Who inspires you as a designer? 

This is a very tough question and the common and most HONEST answer is EVERYONE out there in blogland inspires me and makes me strive to be a better card maker. There are so many of you to thank, and hopefully by now you know who you are!!  However, I think this wold be a great time to mention the two people that inspired me at the VERY beginning of this journey that I still stalk, I mean follow today!  That would be Laurie Schmidlin of Just Give Me Stamps  and Julee Tilman of Poetic Artistry, and the owner of Verve.  I would also like to mention that Lesley (our fabulous hostess) took a big chance on me when she trusted me to take over (Seize the Birthday), one of her many established challenge blogs she founded, and I will forever be grateful!  Thanks so much Lesley! 

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?  
            
All of the above!!!  I sure hope I am not the only one that has a group of blogs and or challenge blogs that I follow on a daily or weekly basis.   I am so addicted to these sites, that when I am away for a few days and I return, I have to make sure I visit each and everyone to see what I missed.  Please tell me you get me?  I love to start my card making with sketches and or a color palette, it sure speeds up the process.  I am a very slow designer…. so my hubby has mentioned. ;)


5. Share something about yourself that we may not know? 

I am 6 feet tall, and despite having height that usually works as an advantage,  I am very uncoordinated when it comes to sports. I think there is just to much of me to control. LOL!


Here is Nancy's gorgeous card using this week's inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!


Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/





Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  

 





We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Thursday, April 7th at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Lesley for having me and such a wonderful job on your cards ladies! Thrilled to be among such talent! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This inspiration photo could not be any more beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, your card is gorgeous!
    Your watercolor embossed flowers really inspired me:) after several failed attemps at loose watercoloring I was happy to have those rmbossed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, your card is gorgeous!
    Your watercolor embossed flowers really inspired me:) after several failed attemps at loose watercoloring I was happy to have those rmbossed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everyone's fabulous take on the inspiration! Was a lot of fun being inspired to try a new technique....watercoloring! Thanks, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being featured today Nancy!!! So well deserved and your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Nancy for being the featured Guest! It was great to read her interview and see her beautiful card! That photo inspiration and all your DT cards are stunning! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous inspiration from the DT and Nancy, very inspirational and such a gorgeous inspiration photo, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous inspirarions for the challenge! I am new participant :)

    ReplyDelete