Saturday, March 19, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things - featuring Bonnie Joynt

Hello everyone!  It's Karen with you today, I am going to be your hostess on the third Saturday of every month, and for my first week, I've chosen this photo of a gorgeous bucket full of tulips - a sure sign of spring!  The colours and flowers really spoke to me, along with that piece of grey & white gingham in behind.  Something else that inspires me, is the amazing artwork of my friend Bonnie Joynt.  I love to stitch on my cards, but Bonnie takes stitching to a whole new level!  You'll want to check out her blog, Stoney Stitches to see more of her amazing work.  Here's a bit more about Bonnie:

Bonnie Joynt

1. What is the name of your blog?  When and why did you start it?
The name of my blog that I started in September of 2012 is Stoney Stitches.  I wanted to try to enter some cardmaking challenges, so I needed a blog to showcase my cards.

2. What is your style of cardmaking?
I almost exclusively make hand stitched cards using embroidery floss and paper.

3.Who inspires you as a designer?
Karen Day has always been my biggest source of inspiraton.  She introduced me to paper crafting in 2000 and I have not stopped playing with paper since then.  I love going to her blog and seeing her beautiful designs!

4. What sort of things inspired you as a cardmaker?  Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I get inspired by other cards that I see in the crafting world.  I also get inspired by card requests from friends.  Recently, I had a friend who wanted a special tea card for a friend, so I designed a whimsical tea cup card.

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know.
I lived for six months in Marseille, France many years ago.  I went back 5 years ago, and fell in love with the country all over again.  In the future I hope to spend a lot more time in France.

Thanks, Bonnie! (you made me blush...)  Here's the card that she designed especially for this week's challenge:
 And a close up so you can see the stitches:
and a little something from me:
Karen Day

Jeanne Jachna

We hope you will play along with us!
The linky will close on Thursday, March 24th at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:

Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
Have fun and challenge yourself!

4 comments:

  1. I love Bonnie's hand stitched card. The inspiration photo is fab. I hope to play this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice all the colours inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to meet Bonnie! Thank you Karen for the introduction:)Stitching is all the rage these days and all I know how to do in crochet.... I hope to learn a few new skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous and very creative ideas and love Bonnie's talent with the stitching x

    ReplyDelete